Every year ProCopywriters, the alliance of commercial writers, conducts a survey of copywriters. The results for 2018 have just been published.
I always enjoy completing the survey because it’s a useful opportunity to reflect on my work. I always find the results a really interesting read because I get so much information I can’t get anywhere else.
In many respects, I’m a pretty typical copywriter. For example:
- I’m female
- I did my degree in English
- I tend to like charging a per project fee
- 2017 was a good year for me and I’m optimistic about the prospects for 2018.
In other ways, I’m different:
- I’m older than the average copywriter
- I’ve got more experience than the average copywriter
- I charge more than the average copywriter.
If you’d like to see the results for yourself, here’s a link to the report.
If you liked this, subscribe to my newsletter and get my latest blogs delivered to your inbox once a month.