In January 2015 I was approached by Ledbury Food Group and asked if I would like to lead the organisation of its annual Ledbury Celebration of Food, Drink, Poetry and Music. The event is part of Ledbury Poetry Festival and is held on the final Sunday of the Festival each year.
I love food and am particularly passionate about local food, so was delighted to be asked. In the six months between January and 12 July, the date of the Celebration, I worked with members of Ledbury Food Group to:
- sign up local food and drink producers to exhibit at the event
- secure use of a public car park in Ledbury and obtain a Temporary Event Notice to allow alcohol to be sold and consumed
- organise the event logistics such as stands, a generator and seating
- promote the event to the general public using social media, listings websites, newspapers, flyer handouts and street signage
- coordinate the event on the day itself.
I very much enjoyed the experience and am delighted to say the event was a big success, despite torrential rain at the beginning! Over 30 local food and drink producers had stalls and there was live poetry, music and other entertainment courtesy of Ledbury Poetry Festival.
If you liked this, subscribe to my newsletter and get my latest blogs delivered to your inbox once a month.