Here’s a good tip for finding out:
- if your writing is easy to read
- if your writing sounds like you
- if you’ve put together a coherent piece.
What do you need to do?
Simply read your writing aloud.
It will show you:
- if your sentences are too long and convoluted
- if your sentences are too samey – this explains why it’s important they’re not
- give you a sense of what you need to change if it doesn’t sound like you
- any gaps in your logic and thinking
- any restructuring or re-ordering you need to do.
So it’s a great thing to do. You might want to find an empty room first, though…
If you liked this, subscribe to my newsletter and get my latest blogs delivered to your inbox once a month.